So I named my blog "Just Do It." Cliche? Yes, I know. But I'm tired of making excuses and always "trying" and talking about it...I'm ready to just DO it!
So I guess I should post a little about myself for my fellow competitors. It's probably a pretty typical story, but oh well. This is probably more for me than anyone else. But read on if you're interested. I'll try not to be too boring.
In High School I weighed 115 lbs. and thought I was fat. I wore my older brother's baggy sweatshirts and always wore a t-shirt over my swimsuit. (Ridiculous! I would kill to be 115 again)!
After my freshman year of college I weighed 140 lbs. I made WAY TOO MANY trips to the BYU Creamery and ate way too much greasy food and probably wore sweat pants way too often because I was too poor to buy bigger clothes (but my roommates and I did have lots of fun).
I stayed that weight for about a year then decided to do something drastic about it. I went home for the summer and trained for and rode the STP (a 196 mile bike ride from Seattle to Portland) training with my Grandpa of all people! I had not regularly exercised in a long time so it was a long uphill battle. But I did it! And after a summer of training I went back to school at 120 lbs. I stayed that weight and started running 3 miles a day for several years until I started having babies.
2000 (24 yrs. old) Baby #1: Gained 30 lbs. I lost it all afterward without too much effort.
2002 (26 yrs. old) Baby #2: Gained 35 lbs. Lost most with little effort. Kept about 5 lbs.
2004 (28 yrs. old) Baby #3: Gained 50 lbs. Lost about 20 just after the pregnancy. Got stuck there for several months. Joined WW and lost 20 more. (Down to 130 lbs.)
2006 (30 yrs. old) Baby #4: Gained 50 lbs. Lost about 20 just after the pregnancy. Lost about 10 more. (Down to 150 lbs.)
2008 (32 yrs. old) Baby #5: Gained 60 lbs. Lost about 15 after the pregnancy. I was stuck at 174.4 (and maternity clothes) for a long time. Then I decided to start tracking my food and joined WW online. From November 2008 to now I've lost 30.2 lbs. It's been a little slow because I haven't been very consistent with my efforts and I have not exercised at all, but I guess at least it's in the right direction.
So now I'm at 144.2 and I want to lose 25 more by June. My husband and I are taking the entire family to Hawaii in July and I want to wear my swimsuit WITHOUT a t-shirt! :) I also want to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June. I haven't exercised regularly since I got pregnant with my first baby in 1999! I guess there's no better time to start than NOW, right?
2010: So 5 kids, starting a business, the usual crazy busy life and my 34th birthday coming up I am ready to be 119 lbs. by June! (I say 119 because I think it would be pretty amazing to be less than I was when I got married, even if it's just one pound)! I'm so excited to do this with all of you because I really need the accountability and support!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm sorry.. all I saw was HAWAII.. maybe you should consider taking me with you? ;o)
I know, that was WAY too long of a post. :) Hawaii is going to be awesome! Get your tickets!
Actually pretty interesting. Sounds like you are already on your way to success! Wow, a bike ride between Seattle and Portland... I don't even like the drive. Lived in the Seattle area for about 35 years - I do miss the Puget Sound... I'm in Colorado now but like it here too. Congrats - you have had some amazing results already.
Post a Comment