Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I said NO!!


Today I said "NO Thanks!" to homemade brownies (my 9 yr old daughter loves to bake), mango & sticky rice (my favorite thai dessert), and spaghetti noodles at dinner! Not much, but I'm feeling quite proud of myself. I won't lie, the brownies are still in the kitchen and it is still a temptation, but every time I say no, it gets easier the next time. I'm off to ride my bike and burn a few calories while I watch reruns of "The Office."

I might have to send these to work with my husband tomorrow, or just throw them away. Better to waste, than to be on my waist, right?

6 comments:

Grace said...

Awesome willpower! You've every right to feel proud! :D

Ellura said...

Congrats! And I love your family pic!

Karilynn said...

LOL!! She is an amazing baker isn't she? I am totally big on sending them to work/neighbors or the trash bin at first sign of temptation... or.. I feed them to my children and hubby.. would you DH be willing to oblige?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Girl! It's the little things that you avoid that will bring long term results!

I LOVE the family picture!

Heather Brown said...

So proud!! That would be a HUGE accomplishment for me. My daughter (who is 4) LOVES to cook and be in the kitchen with me.. We used to make brownies all the time but now I gotta find something else! But if I am making food she is right in there with me! She is a great egg cracker!! haha

betty said...

Wow - "no" to brownies? Holy crap I've got to step it up if that's the kind of competition I'm up against ;P hahaha congrats on the willpower! throw some my way!